Thursday, March 28, 2013

16 Days Since My Last Update! Whoa!

Plenty happened in the last 16 days. The elusive meetings that I have been planning is finally almost here. Come 2nd and 9th April there will be 2 big meetings with over 30 papers in the agenda. I am right now tracking it down with over half have been submitted.

Okay back to the last 16 days. The other day I attended a Weekend Leadership Seminar meeting a whole hall full of motivated people. More of that later. I could not attend the Community Security Meeting and the Gotong Royong (community work) as I was taking care of my kids. My wife had some function that she was catering. And then it was the Weekend Leadership Seminar! Man, am I stoked!

Attended 2 subsidiary Board meetings, one on 18th March and one on 26th March, someone once told me that it is not a good idea to hold meetings on Monday. I believe her now. It was 2 difficult meetings. Then on 19th and 20th March I attended a seminar to earn my CPE points. 16 points obtained. Done!

On the 23rd March I attended wife's cousin's wedding. Food was not bad. Fan was not working, were stewing and slowly melting. Suddenly my father-in-law invited me for the Formula 1 on Sunday 24th March. It was Formula 1 week. And what a day. Vettel won, with Webber second and Hamilton third but not before a drama where Vettel ignored team orders and overtook Webber and again not before Alonso cam aground on the 1st or 2nd lap. But when you are actually there you are oblivious to this unless you sit in front of a screen if not, all you do is watch the cars pass you by every few minutes. It got a little dull and hot and by the time I realised it, it was already chequered flag!

But I took some cool photos. Here they are:

The Sepang International Circuit - Formula 1 Grand Prix 23-25 March 2013


Caught some of the spectators at the paddock

The Grid Girls

The Paddock

The Grid Girls again.

Grid Girl


The teams preparing for the start of the race.



The Malaysian Prime Minister Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Tun Razak and former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad

Standing to Negaraku - Malaysia's National Anthem


Some spectator at the paddock

Grid Girls

Grid Girls overlooking the podium

The Podium

The Podium with the Prime Minister waiting for the winner

Winners arriving. That is Hamilton I believe.


The winners at the podium Hamilton, Vettel and Webber





Prime Minister quickly running away from the soon to come champagne shower


The champagne shower


That was last week. Now on Thursday seemed like a lifetime away as again I am struggling to get the papers out as some of my colleagues are not diligent enough to get the papers out on time even though they had plenty of time to prepare for the looming meetings. Wonder what others do in my situation. Never had it so bad compared to my previous jobs. Oh yes, on Monday I was on leave. Sent the car the windscreen replaced. Seems to hear a rattling sound or it could be my pack of Eclipse. The windscreen cracked when a small stone hit it. Managed to have our crab again at the Pangkor Village. Lovely indeed.

I am all over the place today. Right after Formula 1, went to an office party of a dear friend who is part of the family. It was also her 50th birthday. She have done so much for the family. A lot to be thankful and grateful for. Then it was Monday. Managed to take the children to play at Kidz Sports and Gym. Total surprise for them. They had a wonderful time. The boy even made friends.

Also managed to arrange for a tinting appointment on Sunday at Cool World. Saw the job they did on my wife's car. Impressive. Now it is my turn. It is 2 years overdue anyway and it is getting hot. Cool world is at http://www.coolworld.com.my/.

I am still waiting for the papers and it is already 7:30 p.m. I am hungry but I am on a forced strict diet. No heavy meals at night just fruits and one main meal for lunch. Not sure if it will work without exercise. Speaking of exercise that will probably be my next topic.


No comments: