Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What Is Vertigo? What Causes Vertigo?

16 April 2013 

In the last week my mother have been suffering from vertigo. It forces here to lie in bed all day as the sensation she feels is as if the room is spinning. We had planned to take my parents out on Saturday, the 13th April 2013. The plan is to celebrate their 47th Wedding Anniversary that fell on 11th April. However because of the vertigo it had to be cancelled and it will be postponed until she recovers from her vertigo.

What is vertigo?

What Is Vertigo? What Causes Vertigo?

A sensation of whirling and loss of balance, associated particularly with looking down from a great height, or caused by disease...

She have been taking all sorts of medication and it does not seem to work. But then I found 3 websites that spoke of Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and the Epley procedure. Not sure how it works and whether it works but to ease my mum's discomfort I am willing to do anything.

This website http://women.webmd.com/news/20040712/simple-home-remedy-for-vertigo-works explains how it can be done. I really hope that this is the answer since doctors here don't seem to be able to reduce or alleviate the discomfort. I will keep you posted if it truly works.


Comments?

No comments: