Thursday, April 04, 2013

I Dreamed A Dream Part 2

My plan was to continue writing on 1 April 2013 but I was soon way laid by events entirely beyond my control. On 2 April we had the EXCOM meeting (half of the Board Members attend), sort of a pre-cursor to a Board Meeting to be held on 9 April 2013. It started at 9:00 a.m and ended at 3:30 p.m. And soon there was a pre-EXCOM meeting and soon after whatever strength I had left was torn to shreds. Next day I braved myself and went to work. Went in late actually met some old college mates over breakfast and scooted off to work at 11:00 a.m. At about the same time the long awaited even finally happened. Our Prime Minister Dato' Sri Najib Tun Razak announced live at 11:30 that the 12th parliament is finally dissolved paving the way for the 13th General Elections. Finally. 

My colleague said I looked terrible so after contemplating that indeed felt terrible I told my boss that I would like to work from home today. And worked I did. I am practically glued to my chair facing my computer display the whole day answering the phones for half a day chatting to my boss the CFO and the CEO on the board meeting preparation. My assistant being glued to her seat in the office preparing compilation of the papers to be sent out tonight.

At the same time the kitchen guys arrived to fix my wife's work station in the kitchen. This allows her more space and clears the dining area from clutter. There is now a plan to do something to the patio at the back to give her more room. We shall see.

Back to my dream, seriously I am tired and have been yawning away however I have not seen any new emails so I cannot sleep just yet. Need to send it out tonight.

My dream huh? Dreamland sound nice right about now. I am no longer active politically just too tired to get involved in anything anymore. All I want is just to achieve my dream. For now I need a nap....

No comments: