Monday, January 14, 2019

Challenges Too

It was quite prescient of me using the title Challenges in my previous post. Yesterday I met my senior in school that have his own challenges. A few years ago he met with a serious car accident that disabled him. He now uses a wheelchair to move around. He was my enigmatic Cadet Leader back when we were in St John Ambulance Malaysia. He trained and guided me well. He have not lost any of his magnetism even though he can no longer walk.

He remains passionate of his new venture the OKU Smart Farm in Semenyih. It's located opposite the Volkswagen Showroom in Semenyih. I used that as a landmark and it got me there.

Using a closed green house system, he and his friends have created an integrated urban farming concept. I have always been excited about urban farming and I had the opportunity to visit one.

That was how I spent my Sunday yesterday.

I want to see how I can play a bigger role in this and expand this concept to provide healthier alternatives for Malaysians. The leaves I had yesterday tasted amazing.

Dr Billy Tang



I am driven by the drive and passion he has and I am further inspired and encouraged by the commitment and support given by his classmates, my schoolmates and seniors from Methodist Boys' School Kuala Lumpur, a truly great school.

When I feel I am facing challenges, others are facing their own challenge.And even more so. Just received news that the wife of another friend is now in ICU. She had a stroke.

No comments: