Monday, June 19, 2006

Nightmare weekend....

Good morning. It's a Monday morning and I am still in KL. I was suppose to return to Kuala Terengganu on Friday. Instead I went to Sungai Petani. Just had to visit my grandmother who is ill. In the process I also missed the Chairman son's wedding on Saturday. Of course the visit was not that straight forward. We checked in on Friday afternoon in Swiss Inn Sungai Petani. There was one of the most atrocious service I have ever experienced. It started when I arrived at 3 pm to check in. First there was Wati at the counter not really bothered to check me in. There after she called Nazri and still nothing done. Then came Linda and Edry and only then they proceeded to check me in. However the room I asked for i.e. 2 adjoining rooms was not available. Why? A huge group came in with a block booking so the rooms requested are not available. And yet just last night and this morning they confirmed such room was available.
What made matters worse was that there were no apology and no recommendation for other rooms etc. To top it all off we had to request more then 4 times to get somebody to get our luggage. Still no word of apology. Finally Edry came forward apologised on behalf of the hotel but still no word of apology from the rest. To top it all off there after they gave us the cold shoulder that even housekeeping took over 5 calls. By the next day we about had enough and had to report to the duty manager Encik Jamil.
He proceeded by apologising and offered dinner on the house. It was good dinner. We were then invited to sample the wide screen at the fun pub to watch Portugal v Iran. All in all it was good. Before we parted I made a request to Encik Jamil that on no account must Wati and Linda be there when we check out.
Next day was pleasant enough. Edry and Nazri was there to check us out. Wati and Linda was in the office either because they were told not to or they tried to avoid us. Anyway we saw vast improvements in Nazri where we commended him as such but not before telling him for Linda and Wati it is not over. The problem is in the web pages of Swiss Inn there is no column or page for customer's comments etc. Not a very good sign there for a hotel that is not bothered to facilitate comments from guests.
Anyway arrived in the evening in KL but not before stopping at the Bukit Gantang rest area for Durian, Ipoh for pasembur at Greentown and roti canai at Good Shed. We safely arrived home at 7.30 pm. Supposed to drive back to KT this morning. But after much discussion I am too exhausted and my baby is fretting. Would be bad for him to travel again long distance without ample rest. So I will instead fly this afternoon on a 4.30 flight to KT. Probably get one of my staff to pick me up at the airport.
Not commenting on the nonsense that is going on between our leaders. Enough said.

No comments: